- Chorale Fantasia for organ ("Freu' dich sehr, o meine Seele"), Op. 30
- Preludes and Fugues (4) for organ, Op. 85
- Easy Chorale Preludes (52) for organ, Op. 67
- Prelude and Fugue for organ in E minor, Op. 85/4
- Get it by Wednesday, October 25 , Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Reger: Prelude and Fugue in E minor, Op. 85/4; Chorale Preludes, Op. 67, Nos. 39-52; Prelude and Fugue in G sharp min based on 0 ratings. 1 reviews.
Martin Welzel literally pulls out all the stops while performing a variety of preludes, fugues, and chorale preludes by Max Reger. I have frequently thought of the organ fugue in its layered complexity as providing a challenging exercise for both man and machine, and Welzel clearly performs an olympic workout on the Johannes Klais Organ in Trier Cathedral. Welzel is able to tastefully blend powerful dynamics, remeniscient of Reger's own era, to the melodic chorales as well as the baroque-influenced, well-metered fugues -- a talent that separates him from other organ workers. The session contains over an hour of organ music with detailed and informative liner notes (both English and German).