Find out how to use evidence to improve your practice! Thoroughly covering the full range of rehabilitation research with a clear, easy-to-understand approach, Rehabilitation Research: Principles and Applications, 5th Edition will help you analyze and apply research to practice. It examines traditional experimental designs as well as nonexperimental and emerging approaches, including qualitative research, single-subject designs, outcomes research, and survey research. Ideal for students and practitioners in physical therapy, occupational therapy, and communication sciences and disorders, this user-friendly resource emphasizes evidence-based practice and the development of true scientist-practitioners.
• Evidence-Based Practicechapterprovides an overview of the important concepts of EBP and the WHO model of health and disease.
• Interdisciplinary author team consisting of a PT and an ASHA dually-certified SLP/AUD brings an interdisciplinary focus and a stronger emphasis on evidence-based practice.
• Discipline-specific examplesare drawn from three major fields: physical therapy, occupational therapy, and communication sciences and disorders.
• Coverage of nonexperimental researchincludes chapters on clinical case studies and qualitative research, so you understand a wide range of research methods and when it is most appropriate to use each type.
• Finding Research Literaturechapterincludes step-by-step descriptions of literature searches within different rehabilitation professions.
• NEW! Completely updated evidence-based content and references makes the information useful for both students and rehab practitioners.
• UPDATED! Expanded Single-Subject Designs chapter provides a more thorough explanation and examples of withdrawal, multiple baselines, alternating treatments, and interactions - designs that you can use in everyday clinical practice.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.10(h) x 2.70(d)|
Table of Contents
Section 1: Research Fundamentals
2.Theory in Rehabilitation Research
4.Finding Research Literature
Section 2: Research Design
9.Selection and Assignment of Participants
Section 3: Experimental Designs
Section 4: Nonexperimental Research for Rehabilitation
12.Overview of Nonexperimental Research
13.Clinical Case Reports
Section 5: Research Beyond the Everyday
Section 6: Measurement
Section 7: Data Analysis
21.Statistical Analysis of Differences: The Basics
22.Statistical Analysis of Differences: Advanced
23.Statistical Analysis of Relationships: The Basics
24.Statistical Analysis of Relationships: Advanced
Section 8: Being a Consumer of Research
25.Evaluating Evidence One Article at a Time
26.Synthesizing Bodies of Evidence
Section 9: Implementing Research
27.Implementing a Research Project
28.Publishing and Presenting Research