Internationally acclaimed fundraising consultant Ken Burnett has completely revised and updated his classic book Relationship Fundraising to offer fundraising professionals an invaluable resource for learning the techniques of effective communication with donors in the twenty-first century. Filled with illustrative case histories, donor profiles, and more than two hundred action points, this groundbreaking book shows fundraisers how to
- Implement creative approaches to relationship-building fundraising
- Avoid common fundraising errors and pitfalls
- Apply the vital ingredients for fundraising success
- Build good relationships through marketing
- Achieve a greater understanding of their donors
- Communicate effectively with donors--using direct mail, the press, television, the telephone, face-to-face contact, and more.
- Prepare for the challenges of twenty-first century fundraising
|Series:||Jossey-Bass NonProfit and Public Managem|
|Product dimensions:||5.80(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.40(d)|
Table of Contents
Preface to the Second Edition.
1. Much More Than Raising Money.
2. Proud to Be a Fundraiser.
3. The Essence of Good Fundraising.
4. The Vital Ingredients for Success.
5. Understanding Your Donors.
6. Learning from Recent Research.
7. Avoiding Common Errors and Pitfalls.
8. Building Better Friendships Through Marketing.
9. Making and Keeping Friends.
10. Keeping in Touch with Your Donors.
11. Creative Approaches to Relationship Building.
12. Bequest Marketing: The Last Great Fundraising Opportunity.
13. Keeping Up with Change.
14. Fundraising for the Twenty-First Century.