Representing Employees in Discrimination Cases provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on mounting a successful employment discrimination claim. Featuring experienced partners from law firms across the nation, these experts guide the reader through the process of evaluating a claim and executing a well-prepared litigation strategy. These top lawyers offer advice on addressing client misconceptions, establishing the existence of hostile work environments, proving the client suffered injury, using experts effectively, and avoiding common mistakes. Additionally, these experts give an overview of the Equal Employment Opportunity laws and discuss recent noteworthy employment discrimination cases. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts on the keys to success within this ever-evolving field.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Bert S. Braud, Partner and Shareholder, The Popham Law Firm PC “Succeeding as a Plaintiff's Attorney in Employment Discrimination Litigation”
2. Justin D. Cummins, Partner, Miller O'Brien Cummins PLLP “Overcoming Obstacles to Prosecuting Employment Discrimination Claims in the Twenty-First Century”
3. Lisa A. Bertini, Principal, Bertini O'Donnell & Hammer PC “Key Considerations for Plaintiffs' Attorneys in Employment Discrimination and Harassment Litigation”
4. David M. Blanchard, Principal, Nacht Roumel Salvatore Blanchard & Walker PC “Establishing an Effective Strategy for Employment Discrimination and Retaliation Cases”
5. Stuart W. Davidson, Partner, and Scott M. Pollins, Of Counsel, Willig Williams & Davidson “Determining Employment Discrimination Case Merits Under State and Federal Law”
6. Amber L. Hurst, Partner, Hammons Gowens Hurst & Associates “Anticipating and Overcoming the Challenges Associated with Discrimination Cases”
7. Heather E. Borlase, Partner, Bayer & Borlase “Advising Plaintiff in Pregnancy, Disability, and Other Types of Discrimination Litigation”
Appendix A: Revised Memorandum of Understanding between the Departments of Homeland Security and Labor Concerning Enforcement Activities at Worksites Appendix B: Sample Letter to Client Regarding Social Networking Sites Appendix C: Burgess v. Bowen Appendix D: Burgess v. Bowen (Brief)
|Product dimensions:||5.40(w) x 8.40(h) x 0.50(d)|