• formulating a research question
• ethical considerations
• carrying out a literature review
• choosing a research design
• selecting a sample
• collecting and analysing qualitative and quantitative data
• writing a research report detailed thesis
The book is essential reading for undergraduate and postgraduate students in the social sciences embarking on quantitative or qualitative research projects.This book is equally beneficiall for the students of advanced research methods persuing their PhD degrees in different subjects of social Sciences, business, education, public health, related disciplines and even Science subjects.
This text shows novice researchers how to design, collect, and analyze qualitative data and then present their results to the scientific community.
The book stresses the importance of ethics in research and taking the time to properly design and think through any research endeavor.
Upon completing this book, readers should be able to:
• Effectively design, collect, organize, and analyze data and then to present results to the scientific community
• Use the Internet as both a resource and a means for accessing qualitative data
• Explore current issues in the world of researchers, which include a serious concern about ethical behavior and protocols in research and a more reflexive and sensitive role for the researcher
• Recognize the importance of ethical concerns before they actually begin the research collection, organization, and analytic process
• Understand basic elements associated with researcher reflexivity and research voice
It is a comprehensive, and compact source for basic to advanced concepts in research, and can serve as a stand-alone text or as a supplement to research readings in any undergraduate to doctoral seminar or research methods class. This book is currently used as a research text at universities on six continents.