This accessible, practical book introduces readers to the methodological tools administrators and policy analysts use to conduct research. Comprehensive coverage of the research process includes examples and step-by-step instructions focusing on common research techniques. This new edition is accompanied by an SPSS data disk tied directly to the exercises in the book.
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.62(w) x 9.53(h) x 1.31(d)|
Table of Contents
At the end of each chapter: “Summary,” “Terms for Review,” “Questions for Review,” “Problems for Homework and Discussion,” “Disk Work.”
1.Beginning a Research Project: The Preliminary Steps.
2. Designs for Description.
3. Designs for Explanation.
4. Measuring Variables.
6. Contacting and Talking to Subjects.
7. Data Collection: Questions and Questionnaires.
8. Protection of Human Research Subjects and Other Ethical Issues.
9. Secondary Data Analysis: Finding and Analyzing Existing Data.
10. Combining Indicators: Index Construction.
11. Univariate Analysis.
12. Examining Relationships among Variables: Tests of Statistical Significance.
13. Examining Relationships among Variables: Contingency Tables with Measures of Association, Analysis of Variance.
14. Regression Analysis and Correlation.
15. Communicating Findings and Completing the Project.