Residential Real Estate Appraisal / Edition 3 available in Hardcover
This is a needed book that is meaningful, practical and easy to understand with hands-on illustrations and sample copies for the beginning and practicing professional appraiser. Discusses the sweeping changes to the appraisal industry, their impact on real estate transactions, and their practical applications. Also provides completed report samples for the most common forms used by appraisers and discusses computerization of the appraisal industry. A good resource for practicing professional and beginning real estate appraisers.
|Product dimensions:||8.60(w) x 11.20(h) x 1.02(d)|
Table of ContentsPreface.
1. Importance and Purposes of Appraisals.
2. Nature and Characteristics of Property and Value.
3. Principles Controlling Real Estate Value.
4. Economic Analysis.
5. The Appraisal Process.
6. Considerations in Site Analysis.
7. Fundamentals of Site Evaluation.
8. Construction Methods and Materials.
9. Architectural Styles and Utility.
10. Cost Approach: Estimating Costs.
11. Cost Approach: Accrued Depreciation Analysis.
12. Sales Comparison, or Market Data, Approach.
13. Income Approach: Income and Expense Analysis.
14. Income Approach: Capitalization Theory and Techniques.
15. Reconciliation and Final Value Estimate.
16. Writing the Report.
17. Computerization of the Appraisal Process.
18. Considerations in Appraising Other Types of Single-Family Residences.
19. Special-Purpose Appraising.
20. Professional Opportunities in Real Estate Appraising.
21. License and State Examination Requirements, Lender Appraisal Guidelines, Common Errors and Omissions.
Appendix I. Title IX Federal Institutions Reform, Recovery, and Enforcement Act (FIRREA).
Appendix II. Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP).
Appendix III. Body of Knowledge.
Appendix IV. State Appraiser Agencies.
Appendix V. Answers to Chapter Questions.
Appendix VI. Glossary of Residential Appraisal Terminology.