Prepare yourself for the new 2015 NBRC credentialing examination with the most up-to-date review resource! Respiratory Care Exam Review, 4th Edition contains everything you need to review and prepare for the new Therapist Multiple-Choice Examination that closely aligns with the NBRC’s new testing format, including more analysis-type questions. The accompanying Evolve website offers even more review with a practice Therapist Multiple-Choice Exam to familiarize yourself with the computerized exam format. Twenty clinical simulations that reflect the new quantity of simulations on the actual Clinical Simulation Exam (CSE) are also included on the companion website for additional practice on this very difficult portion of the Registry exam.
• UNIQUE! Clinical simulations on the Evolve companion site reflect the new quantity of simulations (20) and the newly revised length of these simulations on the actual 2015 Clinical Simulation Exam (CSE).
• Rationales are provided on the Evolve companion site for every question in the practice exam along with the NBRC code for the difficulty level of the question (recall, application, analysis).
• UNIQUE! Exam notes are highlighted in special boxes to help you streamline your time better by identifying content specific to the credentialing exam.
• A practice exam reflecting the new TM-CE is included in the back of the text with the answer key and rationales provided on Evolve.
• Pre-tests with several multiple-choice questions are formatted like those found on the NBRC TM-CE and begin each chapter to help you determine a base of knowledge and content areas of strength and weakness before studying the chapter.
• Computerized practice exam on the Evolve companion site available in both study (untimed) and exam (timed) modes to provide an additional opportunity to practice and experience the actual NBRC testing environment in a computerized format.
• Experienced and test-savvy author, Gary Persing, ensures that critical NBRC TM-CE content is covered thoroughly and accurately.
• Comprehensive, yet straightforward outline format correlates with the updated 2015 NBRC Detailed Content Outline and exam matrix to keep content current.
• Open-ended post-chapter study questions end each chapter to reinforce information and help you retain the material.
• NEW! One Therapist Multiple Choice Exam (TM-CE) practice test aligns with the new 2015 NBRC written exam.
• NEW! Revised resources on Evolve companion site include the following new features:
• HTML5 formatting for greater flexibility among platforms
• 9 additional clinical simulations (for a total of 20) with shortened sections to align with the new 2015 NBRC Clinical Simulation Exam (in both study mode and exam mode)
• One Therapist Multiple Choice Exam (TM-CE) practice exam for both levels of credentialing to closely align with the new testing format
• Equation tips providing special hints or instructions for common equations
• Standard normal range guide featuring standard values of various parameters used in respiratory care assessment.
• NEW! Additional analysis-type questions have been added to the Pre- and Post-Chapter study questions to align with the changes in the matrix content outlines.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 10.70(h) x 0.50(d)|
About the Author
Gary Persing, BS, RRT
Program Director, Respiratoy Care
Tulsa Community College
Respiratory Review Workshop
RRT/CRT Exam Review
Table of Contents
1.Oxygen and Medical Gas Therapy
2.Humidity and Aerosol
3.Assessment of the Cardiopulmonary Patient
4.Management of the Airway
5.Special Respiratory Care Procedures
6.Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Techniques
8.Bronchopulmonary Hygiene Techniques
12.Disorders of the Respiratory System
13.Neonatal and Pediatric Respiratory Care
15.Respiratory Home Care
16.Pulmonary Function Testing
17.Equipment Decontamination and Infection Control
Practice Test for Therapist Multiple Choice Exam (includes scoring breakdown)
Pre-Test Answers and Rationales
Post-Chapter Study Questions Answers and Rationales
Commonly Used Equations
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This is a review of the seller BASI6 INTERNATIONAL. I'm trying to get a refund and send my book back because I no longer need it. But I only get confusing responses from the seller that make no sense ("return to us" and "when you buy from us" .. literally just those words and nothing else) and no info about a return label. When I inquired further, I got no response. No number to call them either. I paid 80+ dollars for this book. Too much to have to deal with this God awful customer service! It was a complete waste of my time and money to have even purchased from BN. They're no help and neither is the marketplace seller. They will send you around in circles all day about who to contact for a refund. BE WARNED. I just wanted to send back my unopened book yet it's unnecessarily difficult. So I'm leaving this review and spreading the word about my experience. Just buy your books from AMAZON in the future! Best regards.