This book offers an acute theological analysis of the influence and importance of leadership in our culture today. The authors begin by analyzing the current growing interest in leadership and examining its development within the church. Next, they consider the spiritual dimensions of leadership. Finally, they offer examples of exceptional Christian leadership and discuss ways to nurture this type of leadership for the future.
About the Author
Robert Banks (Ph.D., University of Cambridge), director and dean of Macquarie Christian Studies Institute in Sydney, Australia, is the author of many books, including Redeeming the Routines. Bernice M. Ledbetter (Ed.D., Pepperdine University), former director of the De Pree Leadership Center at Fuller Theological Seminary, is adjunct faculty at Pepperdine University and principal of Ledbetter Consulting Group.
Table of ContentsContents
Foreword by Max De Pree
Preface to the Second Edition
1. Leadership: An Emerging Academic Discipline
2. Biblical, Historical, and Denominational Perspectives on Leadership
3. Spiritual and Religious Dimensions of Leadership: The Ethical Foundation
4. Faith-Based Approaches to Leadership
5. Practicing Leadership through Faithfulness, Integrity, and Service
6. Leadership Development: Leaving a Legacy
7. Governance: Practicing Faith-Based Leadership
8. Christian Leadership in Action: Some Exemplary Case Studies
Conclusion: The Future of Leadership