Want it by Thursday, October 18
Order now and choose Expedited Shipping during checkout.
Same Day shipping in Manhattan. See Details
Explore the misty isle of Great Britain, from lively London to the lush fields of Wales and the craggy beauty of the Scottish Highlands. With Rick Steves on your side, Great Britain can be yours!
Inside Rick Steves Great Britain you'll find:
- Comprehensive coverage for spending a week or more exploring England, Wales, and Scotland
- Rick's strategic advice on how to get the most out of your time and money, with rankings of his must-see favorites
- Top sights and hidden gems, from Stonehenge and Shakespeare's Globe Theatre to local distilleries and corner pubs
- How to connect with culture: Try homemade haggis, catch a show in SoHo, or chat with friendly locals in a cozy Welsh tavern
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps with Rick's candid, humorous insight
- The best places to eat, sleep, and relax over a pint
- Self-guided walking tours of lively neighborhoods and incredible museums
- Detailed maps for exploring on the go
- Useful resources including a packing list, a historical overview, and recommended reading
- Over 1,000 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
- Complete, up-to-date information on London, Windsor, Cambridge, Bath, Glastonbury, Wells, Avebury, Stonehenge, Salisbury, South Wales, The Cotswolds, Stratford-upon-Avon, Ironbridge Gorge, Liverpool, the Lake District, York, Durham and Northeast England, Conwy, Caernarfon, Snowdonia National Park, Blaenau Ffestiniog, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling, St. Andrews, Oban and the Inner Hebrides, Glencoe and Fort William, Inverness, Loch Ness, and more
Spending a week or less in London? Pick up Rick Steves Pocket London!
About the Author
Since 1973, Rick Steves has spent about four months a year exploring Europe. His mission: to empower Americans to have European trips that are fun, affordable, and culturally broadening. Rick produces a best-selling guidebook series, a public television series, and a public radio show, and organizes small-group tours that take over 20,000 travelers to Europe annually. He does all of this with the help of a hardworking, well-traveled staff of 100 at Rick Steves' Europe in Edmonds, Washington, near Seattle. When not on the road, Rick is active in his church and with advocacy groups focused on economic justice, drug policy reform, and ending hunger. To recharge, Rick plays piano, relaxes at his family cabin in the Cascade Mountains, and spends time with his partner Trish, son Andy, and daughter Jackie.
Connect with Rick:
facebook.com/RickSteves twitter: @RickSteves instagram: ricksteveseurope
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Rick does a good job of covering GB if you travel like he does, very light with modest comfort. However, most of his tips did not apply to us very well. We did wash clothes in the sink but they did not dry overnight, maybe due to not having $$$ clothing made for it. I would not want to go as light as Rick suggests but he does make good suggestions to help prevent over packing. The area and sight reviews are pretty good but very difficult to see a lot the way he suggests. Good guide but not the only one you need.