Right of Publicity: Analysis, Valuation and the Law available in Paperback
- Part I addresses the legal context: the genesis of right of publicity, common law precedence, pioneering case studies, and an overview of today’s relevant and seminal cases.
- Part II deals with the parallels between traditional brands and celebrity brands, as well as detailing the business, finance, and analytical issues of right of publicity valuation.
- Part III covers the structuring, pricing, and challenges of deals for all types of celebrities.
With this invaluable book, anyone who works with right of publicity will:
• Know and understand today’s law and deal making, and how the evolving shifting social media and Internet playing field affects right of publicity
• Be able to engage in more and better deals with fewer problems
• Learn how to earn greater income from rights of publicity
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||American Bar Association|
|Product dimensions:||7.00(w) x 9.90(h) x 0.60(d)|
About the Author
Table of ContentsTable of ContentsPreface
Part I: Historic Foundation and Current Legal Status
Chapter 1: Legal and Commercial Foundations for Rights of Publicity
Chapter 2: Origins, Definitions, and Early Right of Publicity Cases
Chapter 3: The Base for Right of Publicity Laws and Protection
Chapter 4: Federal and State Claims, Defenses, and Exemptions: A Guide for Legal and Business Advisors
Chapter 5: Which States Protect Rights of Publicity, and What Do They Protect?
Chapter 6: International Protection Can Be Even More Problematic
Part II: Who Cares How Much Your Client’s Brand Is Really Worth? And Why?
Chapter 7: The Parallels between Traditional Brands and Celebrity Brands
Chapter 8: Multiple Stakeholders Care about the Value of Celebrity Rights of Publicity and Their Brands
Chapter 9: The Need to Establish Right of Publicity Values
Chapter 10: Does Celebrity Endorsement Work?
Chapter 11: Valuation of Rights of Publicity and Other Intellectual Property Assets
Chapter 12: Challenges in Rights of Publicity Valuation
Chapter 13: Factors, Influences, and Pricing in Celebrity Deals
Chapter 14: Four Factors (Plus One) Driving Celebrity Endorsements
Chapter 15: Anatomy of a Right of Publicity Contract: Bonanza or a Bargain Basement Deal