Rediscover the Open Road!
Take the scenic route along the mighty Mississippi River. Road Trip USA: Great River Road is classic roadside Americana at your fingertips! Inside you'll find:
- Mile-by-mile highlights so you can make the most of America's two-lane highways through Bemidji, Elvis Presley's Graceland, and Cajun Country
- Driving maps covering over 2,000 miles, from the Minnesota headwaters all the way down to the Gulf of Mexico
- Full-color vintage and modern photos and illustrations of past and present America, in a slim, portable guide excerpted from Road Trip USA
- Roadside curiosities and detours revealing the personalities, history, and unique character of the small towns and thriving cities along the route
- Expert advice from road warrior Jamie Jensen, who has zoomed along nearly 400,000 miles of highway in search of the perfect road trip
Road Trip USA: Great River Road is so full of the beauty of the American road, why wait to start your next adventure? Hit the Road!
About the Author
Jamie Jensen was immersed in road trip culture from an early age. He grew up in Southern California, back when freeways were new, cheeseburgers cost a quarter, and every beach had a beachfront amusement park. After a three-year stint bumming around the country, making hay in Kansas, and ghostwriting a book for the Grateful Dead, Jamie set to work researching and writing Road Trip USA. Since then he's traveled more than 400,000 miles in search of the perfect stretch of two-lane blacktop. When not crisscrossing the country by car, he rides his bike whenever possible. Jamie lives with his wife, Catherine, and twin boys, Tom and Alex, in New York City, at the east end of the Lincoln Highway.