Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
The Roman Theatre and Its Audience / Edition 1 available in Paperback
Drawing on recent archaeological investigations and scholarship, and on his own research and staging experience, Beacham traces the history of the Roman theatre, from its origins in the fourth century B.C. to the demise of formal theatrical activity at the end of antiquity.
|Product dimensions:||6.12(w) x 9.25(h) x (d)|
Table of Contents
List of illustrations
1. AN AUDIENCE IN SEARCH OF A THEATRE
2. THE FAMOUS COMIC PLAYWRIGHTS OF ROME
3. EARLY ROMAN STAGES
4. A FUNNY THING: PERFORMING A PLAY BY PLAUTUS
5. TRAGEDY, MIME, AND PANTOMIME
6. LATER STAGES AND STAGINGS POSTLUDE: A THEATRE IN SEARCH OF AN AUDIENCE