RPG IV Programming on the AS/400 / Edition 1 available in Paperback
This book is dedicated RPG IV Programming language and the AS/400 environment. The book includes over 60 compiled RPG IV listings documented with a line by line explanation of the instructions and or annotated comments. The author has included over 500 figures and he addresses other important AS/400 software with separate appendices for SEU, PDM, DFU, SDA and interactive debugging. Every chapter includes a summary, review questions, and programming assignments.
|Product dimensions:||8.20(w) x 10.70(h) x 1.60(d)|
Table of Contents
1. The AS/400 Environment.
2. Physical Files.
3. Introduction to RPG IV Programming.
4. Report Headings and Editing.
5. EVAL Expression and Arithmetic Functions.
6. RPG/400 Structured Operations for Decision Making, Branching, and Looping Control.
7. Internal Subroutines, and Control Breaks.
8. Data Structures and Data Areas.
9. Table Processing.
10. Array Processing.
11. RPG IV Character Manipulation Operations, Built-In Functions (BIFs), and Data/Time Operations.
12. Data Validation (Batch Mode).
13. Physical File Maintenance (Batch Mode).
14. Display Files.
15. Interactive Processing.
17. Logical Files.
18. Printer Files.
19. Calling Programs in the ILE RPG IV Environment.
20. Control Language Programming.
Appendix A. Source Entry Utility (SEU).
Appendix B. Programming Development Manager (PDM).
Appendix C. Data File Utility (DFU).
Appendix D. Screen Design Aid Utility (SDA).
Appendix E. Program Debugging.
Appendix F. The RPG Logic Cycle.