Running Doc's comprehensive book on running injuries can help you solve your aches and pains for years of healthy running.
For a runner, injury is a terrible fate. Yet every year, nearly half of America's runners suffer an injury severe enough to bring them to a halt. Trust the Running Doc €ž ¢ to get you back on your feet. Dr. Lewis G. Maharam, MD, is the most trusted authority on running health and running injuries, and his guide will help you avoid or fix nearly every common running-related injury. If you're already injured, Running Doc's book will help you diagnose, treat, and recover to run pain-free.
From head to toenails, Running Doc's Guide to Healthy Running is the most comprehensive guide to running injuries and preventative care. Running Doc offers simple, effective treatments for every common running injury and also delivers easy-to-follow advice on the best way to prepare for and enjoy running events of all types and distances.
Running Doc's Guide to Healthy Running addresses:
- How running is good for your health
- Healthy training programs for races and running events
- Choosing running shoes for your gait and feet
- Guidelines for running in cold weather, hot weather, and dry climates
- Safe and healthy marathon and half-marathon training
- Running with a cold, the flu, and aches and pains
- Feet and ankle injuries including plantar fasciitis, Lisfranc, sprains
- Legs and knee injuries including Runner's Knee, IT Band Syndrome, tendinitis
- Back pain from sciatica, piriformis syndrome, and related issues
No matter your malady, Running Doc has got you covered. Get healthy and get back on your feet with Running Doc's Guide to Healthy Running.