A comprehensive guide for moving to, finding a job, working, living,
retiring or simply vacationing in the Northern Mariana Islands of Saipan, Tinian and Rota.
An "on the ground" overview of life on Saipan, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI) researched, compiled and presented by a (former New York City dweller turned rat race escapee) CNMI resident and author with over 10 years of experience observing, exploring, writing about, offering tours of, answering questions and personally enjoying Saipan living!
Where exactly is Saipan? Is it a place I can escape to? What's it really like? Can I retire comfortably there? What taxes will I need to pay? Will I be able to vote in the US elections? Do I need a visa or passport to go there?
Read Saipan Living 2018, and discover Saipan for yourself! Find out what it's really like to live on Saipan from current, up-to-date, on-the-ground information that not even the ! Get answers and information and learn everything you need to know about visa & passport requirements, job opportunities, labor laws, expat communities, pets, churches, schools, gun laws, crime stats, the economy, dating, land ownership and much, much, much more!
This unique volume includes:
An A to Z index of relevant topics from "accommodations" to "zoning laws" with specific, up-to-date information and answers to the most frequently-asked questions as well as "tropical island lifestyle" details you probably haven't even thought about thinking about--details and nuance that the CIA website, Wikipedia, travel guides, and even blogs don't get quite right. Indexed TWO ways for your convenience: (1) by Frequently Asked Questions and (2) by topic!
The truth about Saipan including the good, the bad, the beautiful and the ugly
• Reassurances for your concerns from to mosquitoes to humidity to crime
• A step-by-step checklist for your relocation
• Tips and advice for a smooth transition and adjustment
• Support and resources for your unique lifestyle
• Contact numbers, websites & email addresses for vendors, organizations and all govt offices
• The latest updated information as of January 2018 including entry requirements, cost of living,
job search, social life and more!
• The latest census information with "reality check" modifications from those who actually live there!
• Facts as well as valuable opinions from past, current and even future residents!
• Completed tax forms with instructions to show how to pay taxes on Saipan!
• 10 years of questions collected from the saipanliving.com website, along with the actual responses from past, present, and even future residents.
• Actual "relocation scenarios" featuring people's real concerns and the answers they received!
• Photos of the islands you won't find anywhere else.
• Chamorro, Carolinian, Filipino, Chinese, Russian, Korean, American,
Japanese viewpoints and perspectives on Saipan living.
Yes, you get all this and more to help you decide if Saipan is the right place to visit, vacation,
venture into business, retire or simply escape the rat race!
Another goal of this book is to help shape the on-going transition of what Saipan living means and what it could mean in the future. It includes:
• Predictions of Saipan's future
• A manifesto on what Saipan really needs
• Interviews with people who've lived there since the 1970s