- Get it by Friday, October 20 , Order now and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you’ll learn how to build state-of-the-art websites with Microsoft Expression Web 4 (Service Pack 2), HTML5, CSS3, and jQuery! Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll master the entire web development process, from concept through delivery. You’ll learn how to plan, design, and construct sites that are easy to manage and update, work perfectly on every browser, and get noticed by every search engine! Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a strong real-world foundation for success, no matter what kind of site you’re building!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Expression Web 4 SP2 tasks.
Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
By the Way, Did You Know?, and Watch Out! boxes offer advice and solutions.
Learn how to...
- Make the most of the new features, updated interface, and advanced standards support in Expression Web 4 SP2
- Implement custom processes, toolbars, and workspaces for building sites faster
- Use the new SEO Checker to consistently optimize pages for search engines
- Write error-free code quickly with Code view and IntelliSense
- Rapidly format (or reformat) hundreds of pages with Dynamic Web Templates
- Use new jQuery UI widgets to create accordions, tabbed boxes, and interactive calendars
- Embed HTML5 video apps from YouTube or other sites
- Find and fix cross-browser inconsistencies with SP2’s improved SuperPreview
- Test protected functionality or live sites that require login
- Use new publishing options to go live more quickly
|Series:||Sams Teach Yourself Series|
|Product dimensions:||6.80(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author
In addition to Microsoft Expression Web, Morten is considered an expert on the publishing platform WordPress and he has published numerous articles and videos and done public speaking engagements on both topics.
Sams Teach Yourself Microsoft Expression Web 4 in 24 Hours is Morten’s fourth published book. He is a regular contributor to the official Microsoft Expression newsletter and has been published in international design magazines. You can find more tutorials, articles, and other design-related musings on Morten’s blog at www.designisphilosophy.com, and you can follow his rants on Twitter under the name @mor10. Also, you might run into him in different forums and newsgroups throughout the Web, usually using the same handle.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
In the first few chapters the author does well in getting readers involved in web development and the tools of Microsoft Expression Web, however, as a reader/developer goes a long you find yourself developing one of the writers websites instead of developing a site of your own. I think the writer should have kept things simple and gone down a path encouraging the reader to develop their own site while utilizing the tips of the author to add features, style and so forth.
Sams "Teach Yourself Microsoft Expression Web 4 in 24 Hours" is well written but the software required to make use of the book is not available. Without the software the reader cannot learn anything about Expression Web 4. The book is a complete waste of time and money.