Get it by Friday, October 20
, Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Same Day delivery in Manhattan. Details
Full-color figures and code appear as they do in Xcode 5.
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you can master the Objective-C language and start using it to write powerful native applications for even the newest Macs and iOS devices! Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll get comfortable with Objective-C’s unique capabilities and Apple’s Xcode 5 development environment…make the most of Objective-C objects and messaging…work effectively with design patterns, collections, blocks, Foundation Classes, threading, Git…and a whole lot more. Every lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success!
Step-by-Step Instructions carefully walk you through the most common Objective-C development tasks.
Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
Notes present information related to the discussion.
Tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
• Use Xcode 5 to write modern Objective-C software more quickly and efficiently
• Master Objective-C’s object-oriented features and techniques
• Manage projects more efficiently with the Git source code repository
• Write more dynamic code with Objective-C’s powerful messaging architecture
• Declare classes, instance variables, properties, methods, and actions
• Work with mutable and immutable data types
• Organize data with collections, including arrays, dictionaries, and sets
• Painlessly manage memory with Automatic Reference Counting (ARC)
• Expand and extend classes with protocols, delegates, categories, and extensions
• Get started with Apple’s powerful classes and frameworks
• Create and work with code blocks
• Manage queues and threading with Grand Central Dispatch
|Series:||Sams Teach Yourself Series|
|Product dimensions:||6.90(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.80(d)|
About the Author
His books include Sams Teach Yourself Core Data in 24 Hours, Data-Driven iOS Apps for iPad and iPhone with FileMaker Pro, FileMaker Pro in Depth (Sams/Pearson), Database-Driven Web Sites (Harcourt), Learning iCloud Data Management (Addison Wesley/Pearson), and iOS App Development for Dummies (Wiley).
He has written about Objective-C and the Apple frameworks beginning with Rhapsody Developer’s Guide (AP Professional) and Mac OS X Developer’s Guide (Morgan Kaufmann). He is the author of MinutesMachine, the meeting management software for iPad, as well as Saranac River Trail app for iPhone and iPad. There are more details at champlainarts.com.
A native of Washington DC, he has lived in New York City and currently lives in Plattsburgh, NY. He can be reached at northcountryconsulting.com.