Sams Teach Yourself Twitter in 10 Minutes offers straightforward, practical answers for fast results. By working through the 10-minute lessons, you learn everything you need to know to use Twitter quickly and easily. Step-by-step instructions walk you through the most common questions, issues, and tasks. "Did You Know?" tips offer insider advice and shortcuts. "Watch Out!" alerts help you avoid problems.
Sams Teach Yourself Twitter in 10 Minutes provides beginner and experienced users with fast at-a-glance tips pointing out helpful shortcuts and solutions, and cautions to help avoid common Twitter pitfalls. It is written in a clear, easy-to-understand format. It walks you though creating a basic profile, and then moves into working away from the website and using third-party applications and mobile clients for smartphones. Topics covered include:
- Creating a complete profile that encourages connections both personal and professional
- Creating avatars that best represent you
- Expressing yourself in 140-characters or less
- Exchanging links efficiently across the Twitter network
- Exchanging media (photos, video, and audio) across Twitter
- Working with third-party websites to help build your network
- Working with websites that expand Twitter's capabilities
- Working with third-party applications to automatically retrieve tweets from Twitter.com
- Working with third-party applications to use Twitter on a smartphone
|Series:||Sams Teach Yourself Series|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||6 MB|
About the Author
Tee Morris is an accomplished writer and public speaker on the subject of new media concepts. His first book concerning the Web 2.0 movement, Podcasting for Dummies (co-written with Evo Terra and Chuck Tomasi), was ranked #1 by Nieslen BookScan on the subject of podcasting. Its success led to the follow-up, Expert Podcasting Practices for Dummies. In the summer of 2009, Tee will be releasing his third title related to Social Media, All a Twitter. He is also a columnist and critic for AppleiPhoneApps.com, covering productive possibilities with his iPhone. He has also hosted seminars, led workshops, and designed classes on new media, online networking, and audio and video production.