I have always been equally intrigued, disturbed and disgusted by the human condition. Human history is littered with inhumane tragedies. Horrors are happening every day, all day, all over the entire globe. The frequency with which these tragedies are occurring is making humanity accept them as commonplace. Paralyzing our societies and creating a worldwide numbness. Numbness in times of war and horror can only lead to further desensitization and increasing indifference. If you look at human history you will see that everything that has ever been built, bad or good, was erected and stands tall on the foundations of tragedy, suffering, and death. Nations are created in war. Technologies and medicines are created in the murder and torture of innocent life. The Pyramids; The Coliseums; The Statues on Easter Island; every religion; house of worship; holy book; and holy site - each was erected to oppress others or were created in a response to being oppressed. Turn on the television and watch the national news organizations as they chase ambulances 24 hours a day. The day of true journalism is gone, long replaced by the day of bickering, fear-mongering, hyperbolic speculation, nonsense, and propaganda.Slavery was abolished in The United States more than 150 years ago, and still, The United States cannot bring itself to acknowledge its African American citizens as equal. Proof of this is clearly visible in the disproportionate population of The United States prison system. Less-vailed racism is present when police murder innocent citizens with impunity. Racism is further evident each time the judicial system fails to show the families of those murdered by the police the inside of a courtroom. To society, it appears that the courts are stepping aside, thereby giving the police the legal consent to murder, intimidate, and destroy the communities that they have sworn an oath to protect. The motto "To Protect and Serve" seems to be an incomplete statement. The slogan is in need of completion, perhaps it should be "To Protect and Serve Ourselves." War, greed, over-consumption, nationalism, religion, racism, pride, prejudice, and indifference have divided human cultures, ravaged the Earth, and decimated human progress for centuries. Governments, corporations, religious institutions, and the wealthy run everything in the world, and nothing in the world ever seems to work. All the while 1% of the world's population has more wealth than the other 99%. I have a huge problem with all of this. I wrote this book to express my concerns, my fears, my contempt, and my questions for society, for humanity, and for the Earth. I have chosen the 54 poems for this republication because they have these similar themes: The Human Condition; Human Nature; Politics; Propaganda; Human Rights; Civil Rights; Racism; Police Brutality; Pollution; Oligarchy; Indifference; Nuclear Weapons; War; and more...