Take the anxiety out of taking any nursing test with Saunders 2016-2017 Strategies for Test Success: Passing Nursing School and the NCLEX Exam, 4th Edition. Written by the most trusted expert in NCLEX prep, Linda Silvestri, and updated to reflect the most current NCLEX test plans, this invaluable guide covers key topics like time management, critical thinking, and problem solving, with tips to help you overcome test anxiety and develop effective study habits. Learn how to confidently evaluate and identify the correct answer for a variety of test question types, including alternate item formats, with chapters on preparing for nursing exams, prioritization methods, and pharmacology questions, and practice your skills and gain realistic test-taking experience with the book and Evolve site’s 1,200 practice questions.
• A Reducing Test Anxiety chapter offers simple strategies to control test-induced stress and gain the confidence needed to pass exams.
• A Developing Study Skills chapter provides helpful tips on improving time management for more efficient exam preparation.
• An emphasis on comprehensive test preparation helps you develop, refine, and apply the reasoning skills you need to succeed throughout nursing school and on the NCLEX examination.
• Coverage of detailed critical thinking methods offers valuable clues to help you analyze and uncover the correct answer option for all question types, including multiple-choice and alternate item-format questions.
• Helpful Tips for the Beginning Nursing Student highlight the most important concepts needed for exam success.
• Chapters on specific question content such as prioritization, pharmacology, triage/disaster management, and delegation provide numerous examples to prepare you for higher-level questions.
• UNIQUE! Student-to-Student Hints highlight real life strategies that have helped other students graduate from nursing school and pass the NCLEX exam.
• Online practice questions let you apply the strategies learned from the text in a realistic electronic testing environment.
• A fun, 4-color design features cartoons and bold designs to help engage visual learners.
• NEW! Thoroughly updated content reflects the most current NCLEX test plans. Summary information on the latest test plans is highlighted in chapter 4.
• NEW! Addition of SI units and removal of trade drug names reflect the upcoming changes to the NCLEX-RN test plan.
• NEW! 200 new practice questions bring the overall total to 1,200 questions on the Evolve site.
• NEW! Two-year revision cycle ensures that the content is current and covers all of the question types found on the NCLEX exam.
• NEW! Priority Concepts added to each question help readers link their concept-based classes and NCLEX prep.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.50(d)|
Table of Contents
PART I: Study and Test Preparation
1.Preparing for Nursing Examinations
2.Developing Study Skills
3.Reducing Test Anxiety
PART II: Strategies for Success
5.Alternate Item Formats
6.How to Avoid “Reading into The Question”
7.Positive and Negative Event Queries
8.Questions Requiring Prioritization
9.Leading and Managing, Delegating, and Assignment-Making Questions
11.Pharmacology, Medication, and Intravenous Calculation Questions
12.Additional Pyramid Strategies
PART III: Practice Tests
13.Fundamental Skills Questions
14.Adult Health Questions
15.Mental Health Questions
17.Child Health Questions