This item is not eligible for coupon offers.
New to this Edition:
- Addresses issues and areas of difficulty for the foreign-educated nurse in a new, separate chapter.
- Emphasizes leadership, delegating, and prioritizing client care, reflecting the new focus on the Board exam.
- Adds leadership/management and community coding categories to the CD-ROM — important areas on the exam.
- Text and accompanying CD-ROM provide a total of 4,000 practice questions — more than any other comprehensive review book. The CD-ROM includes all 1,800 questions from the book, plus over 2,200 more.
- Every question includes a correct answer, rationales for all responses, test-taking strategy, level of cognitive ability, integrated process, category of client needs, and reference to a major nursing text.
- Alternate item format questions, including fill-in-the-blank, multiple-response, and illustration questions, provide exposure to these new formats on the NCLEX-RN exam.
- A comprehensive exam consists of 265 questions with content areas in the same percentages as the current NCLEX-RN test plan.
- Pharmacology is emphasized, with 13 pharmacology chapters, a medication and intravenous calculation chapter, and a pediatric medication calculation chapter.
- Pyramid to Success sections provide an overview of each chapter plus a focused guide for review.
- Pyramid Terms offer a quick review of key content areas.
- Pyramid Points, located throughout the content outlines, identify content that typically appears on the NCLEX-RN exam.
- A chapter written by a student who recently passed the NCLEX-RN exam offers perspective on overcoming anxiety.
- A drop-down calculator is included on CD-ROM, to assist in answering medication questions.
- CD-ROM allows practice in quiz, study, or exam modes, with questions selected from content area, integrated process, or category of client needs.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)|
Table of Contents
Unit I: NCLEX-RN Exam Preparation 1The NCLEX-RN Examination 2Pathways to Success 3The NCLEX-RN Examination: From a Student’s Perspective 4Test-Taking Strategies Unit II: Issues in Nursing 5Cultural Diversity 6Ethical and Legal Issues 7Leadership, Delegating, and Prioritizing Client Care Unit III: Nursing Sciences 8Fluids and Electrolytes 9Acid-Base Balance 10Vital Signs and Laboratory Values 11Nutrition 12Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN) 13Intravenous Therapy 14Administration of Blood Products Unit IV: Fundamental Skills 15Health and Physical Assessment of the Adult Client 16Provision of a Safe Environment 17Calculation of Medication and Intravenous Prescriptions 18Perioperative Nursing Care 19Positioning Clients 20Care of a Client with a Tube Unit V: Growth and Development Across the Life Span 21Theories of Growth and Development 22Developmental Stages 23Care of the Older Client Unit VI: Maternity Nursing 24Reproductive System 25Prenatal Period 26Risk Conditions Related to Pregnancy 27Labor and Birth 28Problems with Labor and Birth 29The Postpartum Period 30Postpartum Complications 31Care of the Newborn 32Maternity and Newborn Medications Unit VII: Pediatric Nursing 33Neurological, Cognitive, and Psychosocial Disorders 34Eye, Ear, and Throat Disorders 35Respiratory Disorders 36Cardiovascular Disorders 37Gastrointestinal Disorders 38Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders 39Renal and Urinary Disorders 40Integumentary Disorders 41Musculoskeletal Disorders 42Hematological Disorders 43Oncological Disorders 44Infectious and Communicable Diseases 45Pediatric Medication Administration and Calculations Unit VIII: The Adult Client with an Integumentary Disorder 46Integumentary System 47Integumentary Medications Unit IX: The Adult Client with an Oncological Disorder 48Oncological Disorders 49Antineoplastic Medications Unit X: The Adult Client with an Endocrine Disorder 50Endocrine System 51Endocrine Medications Unit XI: The Adult Client with a Gastrointestinal Disorder 52Gastrointestinal System 53Gastrointestinal Medications Unit XII:The Adult Client with a Respiratory Disorder 54Respiratory System 55Respiratory Medications Unit XIII: The Adult Client with a Cardiovascular Disorder 56Cardiovascular Disorders 57Cardiovascular Medications Unit XIV: The Adult Client with a Renal System Disorder 58Renal System 59Renal Medications Unit XV: The Adult Client with an Eye or Ear Disorder 60The Eye and the Ear 61Ophthalmic and Otic Medications Unit XVI: The Adult Client with a Neurological Disorder 62Neurological System 63Neurological Medications Unit XVII: The Adult Client with a Musculoskeletal Disorder 64Musculoskeletal System 65Musculoskeletal Medications Unit XVIII: The Adult Client with an Immune Disorder 66Immune Disorders 67Immunologic Medications Unit XIX: The Adult Client with a Mental Health Disorder 68Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing 69Mental Health Disorders 70Addictions 71Crisis Theory and Intervention 72Psychiatric Medications
Unit XX: Comprehensive Test General Bibliography Glossary Index Special Features: Priority Nursing Action Boxes