- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
This handbook is a must-have reference for practitioners who seek current, reliable content on medications and comprehensive information on IV drugs. Its alphabetical organization makes it easy to find crucial information quickly. A bound-in CD-ROM includes searchable and printable drug cards, which aid in patient teaching.
• Cross references top 400 U.S. brand name drugs directly in the main section of the book.
• Includes fixed combinations in dosages of each combined drug directly within the individual monographs.
• Identifies the top 200 prescribed trade name drugs within the monograph to help the user identify the most frequently administered drugs.
• Distinguishes side effects and adverse reactions and lists the effect or reaction by frequency of occurrence.
• Incorporates frequently-used herb monographs in the A to Z portion of the book.
• Includes extensively expanded IV content, including a comprehensive 65-drug compatibility chart.
• Organizes nursing considerations in a functional nursing process framework and include headings for Baseline Assessment, Intervention/Evaluation, and Patient/Family Teaching.
• Includes lifespan and disorder-related dosage variations, such as pediatric, geriatric, hepatic, and immune- or renal-compromised patients.
• Full monographs for approximately 25 to 40 drugs newly approved by the FDA.
• New interactions, precautions, alerts, patient teaching instructions, and other need-to-know information included throughout to ensure safe drug information.
• Special icon and text treatment for "High-Alert Drugs" and relevant content to caution nurses to use extra care in administering drugs most likely to cause harm.
• Appendixes for drug names that sound alike and look alike; safe drug administration; equianalgesic dosing; and orphan drugs used to treat rare, chronic diseases.
• Quick-reference charts of IV infusion rates for heparin.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Series:||HODGSON/NURSES DRUG HNDBK Series|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||4.12(w) x 7.70(h) x 1.66(d)|
Table of Contents
List of newly approved drugs
IV Compatibility Chart Insert
Full-Color Pill Atlas Insert
Section I. Drug Classifications
Section II. A-Z Drugs
Section III. Reference Section
(Poison) Antidote Chart
Calculation of Doses
Controlled Drugs (United States)
Cultural Aspects of Drug Therapy
Drugs by Disorder
Drugs of Abuse
FDA Pregnancy Categories
Normal Laboratory Values
Quick-Reference IV Heparin Infusion Rates
Recommended Childhood and Adult Immunizations
Safe Drug Administration
Signs and Symptoms of Electrolyte Imbalance
Sound-Alike and Look-Alike Drugs
Spanish Phrases Often Used in Clinical Settings
Techniques of Medication Administration
New Drug Supplement