Saunders Pharmaceutical Word Book 2003 / Edition 1 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
For medical transcriptionists who need to find accurate information quickly, Saunders Pharmaceutical Word Book 2003 is a must-have! This fast, easy-to-use reference provides the correct spelling and capitalization of over 25,000 brand and generic name drugs with dosage forms, investigational drug names and codes, chemotherapy protocols, trademarked dosage forms, and drug categories/classes, as well as the indications of approved drugs and standard dosages.
• Pharmaceutical information is organized specifically for medical transcriptionists, designed to help them determine which drug is being transcribed and confirm correlating information.
• A Sound-alike Icon calls attention to drugs that are often typed incorrectly because they sound like another drug when spoken, allowing transcriptionists to confirm the correct drug.
• Useful appendices give transcriptionists exactly the information they need in a quick, convenient format. Appendices include:
• Most Prescribed Drugs
• Therapeutic Levels for Drugs Which May Cause Toxicity
• Code Names
• Common Abbreviations Used in Prescriptions
• Nutraceuticals & Herbal Medicines
• All drug information has been thoroughly reviewed and updated to guarantee accuracy and timeliness for 2003.
• New drugs have been added, obsolete drugs removed, and appropriate changes made to drug information throughout.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||5.00(w) x 8.25(h) x 1.10(d)|
Table of Contents
|Notes on Using the Text||xi|
|How the Book Is Arranged|
|Experimental, Investigational, and Orphan Drugs|
|A Brief Note on the Transcription of Drugs|
|26,053 Total Entries, including:|
|739 New Entries (not in the 2000 edition)|
|692 Modified Entries (changes from the 2000 edition)|
|3575 Official USAN Generic Drugs|
|8302 Brand Name Drugs|
|1675 Experimental and Investigational Drugs|
|989 FDA-Designated Orphan Drugs|
|1566 Chemotherapy Drugs and Protocols|
|1871 Medicinal Herbs and Natural Remedies|
|660 Recently Discontinued Brands (1996 to date)|
|718 Drugs with One or More Similarly Sounding Names|
|Appendix B||Abbreviations Used with Medications and Dosages||689|
|Appendix C||Therapeutic Drug Levels||691|
|Appendix D||The Most Prescribed Drugs||693|