Schaum's Outline of Statistics and Econometrics / Edition 2 available in Paperback
The ideal review for your statistics and econometrics course
More than 40 million students have trusted Schaum’s Outlines for their expert knowledge and helpful solved problems. Written by renowned experts in their respective fields, Schaum’s Outlines cover everything from math to science, nursing to language. The main feature for all these books is the solved problems. Step-by-step, authors walk readers through coming up with solutions to exercises in their topic of choice.
- Clear, concise explanations of all statistics and econometrics concepts
- Appropriate for the following courses: Statistics and Econometrics, Statistical Methods in Economics, Quantitative Methods in Economics, Mathematical Economics, Micro-Economics, Macro-Economics, Math for Economists, Math for Social Sciences
About the Author
Dominick Salvatore is a rrofessor and the chairperson of the Department of Economics at Fordham University in New York City He is the author of the textbook International Economics, 7/e (2001) and Managerial Economics in a Global Economy, 4/e (2001). He also authored Schaum's Outline of International Economics, 4/e (1996) and Schaum's Outline of Microeconomic Theory, 3/e (1992) and coauthored, with Professor Diulio, Schaum's Outline of Principles of Economics, 2ed (1996). His research has been published in numerous leading scholarly journals and presented at many national and international conferences.
Derrick Reagle was an assistant professor of economics at Fordham University and a faculty member of Fordham’s Graduate Program in International Political Economy and Development.
Table of Contents
2. Descriptive Statistics
3. Probability and Probability Distributions
4. Statistical Inference: Estimation
5. Statistical Inference: Testing Hypotheses
6. Simple Regression Analysis
7. Multiple Regression Analysis
8. Further Techniques and Applications in Regression Analysis
9. Problems in Regression Analysis
10. Simultaneous-Equations Methods
11. Time-Series Methods
12. Computer Applications in Econometrics
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This book was great. It is the only econometrics book I've seen with questions and ANSWERS. The computer help in the back shows how to run the problems from the book in Excel, Eviews, and SAS. This book filled in a lot of things that were just over my head in class. This book is perfect for the student who wants to learn how to do stats and econometrics without getting bogged down in the esoteric formulas.