19.99 Pre Order
In Science Art and Drawing Games for Kids, you’ll find an amazing collection of more than 40 hands-on art activities that make learning about science fun. Written by Karyn Tripp, author of Math Art and Drawing Games for Kids and creator of the popular educational blog TeachBesideMe.com, the book guides children ages 8 and up through hands-on activities that explore an engaging variety of art and craft techniques and science concepts, including:
- Energy & Motion. Create art, toys, and sculptures that spin, flap, and climb.
- Electricity & Magnetism. Make a pop-up card and pipe cleaner shapes that feature electrical circuits, and use magnets to draw and solve mazes.
- Living Science. Craft plants into jewelry, create plantable seed paper, and use a straw to blow paint into a portrait of a neuron.
- Chemical Reactions. Make an exploding paint bomb, grow crystal flowers, and use milk to make plastic.
- Color & Light. Explore the science of color mixing, make marbled paper, and use the sun to make prints.
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.00(h) x (d)|
|Age Range:||8 - 12 Years|
About the Author
Karyn Tripp is a former public school teacher turned homeschool mom of four kids. Through her online community TeachBesideMe.com, she shares with teachers and homeschool parents how to make learning enjoyable and engaging, and eases the burdens of her fellow educators by offering exciting and memorable learning activities. Karyn is also a member of STEAM Kids Books, a group of educational bloggers—engineers, teachers, math nerds, art lovers, and writers—who have thus far co-written and self-published three titles. She lives in Cedar Hills, Utah.