Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Good writing and communication skills are essential in many areas of science and engineering, to help observation, thinking and remembering, to organize work and to avoid stress. Written by a scientist for scientists, this book is much more than a textbook of English grammar - it is a valuable source of information for all aspects of writing in scientific and technical situations.
The only book focusing on the ways in which writing is important to the scientific community, this book assists readers on:
* how to write and choice of words
* using numbers and illustrations
* writing project reports, theses and papers for publication
* giving a short talk or presentation.
The new edition of Scientists Must
Write has been fully revised and updated to take account of the changes in information and communications technology including word processing and information storage and retrieval; new appendices on punctuation,
spelling and computers; and useful exercises to improve writing.
This popular guide will be of great use to undergraduates, postgraduates, professional scientists and engineers.
Table of Contents1. Scientists Must Write
2. Personal Records
3. Routine Communications
4. How Scientists Should Write
6. Thoughts into Words
7. Using Words
8. Helping the Reader
9. Numbers Contribute to Precision
10. Illustrations Contribute to Clarity
12. Reports, Dissertations and Theses
13. Preparing a Report on an Investigation
14. Talking About Science