Completely revised, updated, and rewritten, the New Edition of this definitive text offers unparalleled guidance on the pathologic processes, clinical presentation, diagnosis, and treatment of scleral systemic disordersenabling readers to quickly identify and treat these often serious disorders. Covering a variety of topics, including ocular complications, the pathology and pathogenesis of scleritis and sclerokeratasis, connective tissue disorders, and myopia, this resource offers new insights into the unusual varieties of scleral diseaseall brilliantly depicted by over 875 brand-new illustrations. This book is also the First Prize winner for the Ophthalmology section of the 2004 British Medical Association Book Awards.
• Discusses the etiology, pathology, and pathogenesis of scleral disease.
• Presents completely updated information from Moorfields Eye Hospital, the recent advances in the ophthalmology and rheumatology clinics of Addenbrooke's Hospital, and the unique and previously untapped histological material from the Library of Pathology at the Wilmer Institute, Johns Hopkins Hospital.
• Revises and updates former perceptions about scleral disease, illustrating its involvement in many systemic disorders, often of the connective tissue.
• Provides over 875 new illustrations449 in full colorthat vividly depict a full range of conditions.
• Discusses all aspects of the relevant anatomy, development, and physiology to give a clearer understanding of reasons for various clinical presentations.
• Offers state-of-the-art guidance on diagnosis and treatment, based recent advances in ocular imaging such as angiography.