Searching for a Different Future: The Rise of a Global Middle Class in Morocco available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Duke University Press Books
Cohen studies the Moroccan middle class's varied transnational identifications with a global market economy, as these identifications bear on middle class citizens' increasing detachment from the nation state and its local political economies.
|Publisher:||Duke University Press Books|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.25(h) x (d)|
About the Author
Shana Cohen is Senior Research Fellow in Social Policy and Social Care at Sheffield Hallam University in Sheffield, England.
Table of Contents
Note on Translations and Transcriptions xii
1. Global Market Capitalism and Social Change 1
2. National Development and the Formation of Modern Middle Class 35
3. New Social Groups for a New Era 67
4. A Generation of Fuyards 106
Conclusion: Economic Insecurity and Social Formation 136