The community of people who wrote, copied, and hid the Scrolls in caves lived in great anticipation of the end times and saw themselves as the forebears of a new kingdom to come. Instead, the community died out...and 2000 years passed before the discovery of the writing that would draw worldwide attention to the fascinating age in which they lived.
The modern day story of the Scrolls is truly remarkable?with clandestine meetings, incredible coincidences, and unexpected surprises. Dr. Randall Price tells that story, which surveys...
- the yet-to-be-solved mysteries about the identity and beliefs of those who wrote the Scrolls
- claims that prominent cults are making about the Scrolls
- today?s furious debate about who rightfully owns the Scrolls
- evidence that the Scrolls affirm the authenticity of the Bible
- the controversy over the so-called "suppressed" Scrolls
- the newest efforts to find more Dead Sea Scrolls
Secrets of the Dead Seas Scrolls is a remarkable and authoritative resource based on meticulous research and firsthand interviews with the people closest to the Scrolls?including translators, scholars, eyewitnesses, and the nomadic shepherd who first found the Scrolls. Includes exclusive photographs and accounts.