Sector rotation has been proven to make good profits at the least risk if it is properly implemented. This book improves your odds in making profits than traditional schemes in sector rotation by:
• Market Timing. When the market is plunging, do not buy any stock including sector ETFs and sector funds. This book provides a simple chart to detect market plunges (Chapter 2). Basically it is a sector rotation between SPY (an ETF that simulates the market) and cash (or an ETF of short-term bonds).
• The next rotation strategy involves four ETFs in a rising market. Optionally, you can include a contra ETF to time the market. Buy the best performer of last month of the selected ETFs.
• Some sectors perform better in different stages of a market cycle.
• Many free sites describe the best sector performers such as Seeking Alpha and CNNfn.
• Evaluate sector using Technical Analysis (simple charts available free from the web ) and Fundamental Analysis . Use the same tools to evaluate individual stocks within a performing sector.
• You should spend one hour or two a month to determine with sector to rotate to or move your portfolio to cash when the market is risky. The "Buy and hold" strategy does not perform since 1-2000.
• Subscription services. There are many. Even if you subscribe these services, you should read this book to evaluate their services. When your portfolio is over $100,000, $100 for a yearly subscription should pay itself in the long run.
• Market timing by calendar and presidential cycle.
• My recent experiences in sector trading .
Last Update: 011/2016. Size: 270 pages (6*9)
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.57(d)|