Temporarily Out of Stock Online
* Prepares readers for the newest vendor-neutral, industry-sponsored IT security exam, an attractive certification option for system security personnel
• Security+ has been endorsed by major players like Microsoft, IBM, and the Department of Defense and is expected to become a prerequisite for many vendor-specific certifications
• A fast, easy way for IT professionals to learn what they need to qualify for a security credential that is less expensive and less time-consuming than CISSP, SSCP, or SANS GIAC
• Author's experience includes security consulting for multinational concerns and systems security management in the U.S. Navy
• CD-ROM includes hundreds of randomly-generated bonus test questions and both timed and untimed versions of the practice test
About the Author
Lawrence Miller is a systems security consultant with over nine years of experience.
Peter Gregory is a logical security strategist at a wireless telecommunications carrier.
Table of Contents
Part I: Exam Basics.
Chapter 1: CompTIA and the Security+ Certification.
Chapter 2: Networking and Security Basics.
Part II: General Security Concepts.
Chapter 3: Access Control.
Chapter 4: Attacks and Malicious Code.
Part III: Communication Security.
Chapter 5: Remote Access.
Chapter 6: E-Mail and Internet Security.
Chapter 7: File Transfer and Directory Services.
Chapter 8: Wireless LANs.
Part IV: Infrastructure Security.
Chapter 9: Devices and Media.
Chapter 10: Security Topologies.
Chapter 11: Security Baselines.
Part V: Cryptography.
Chapter 12: Cryptography Basics.
Chapter 13: Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
Part VI: Operational/Organizational Security.
Chapter 14: Physical Security.
Chapter 15: Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery.
Chapter 16: Security Management.
Chapter 17: Computer Forensics and Incident Response.
Part VII: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 18: Ten Test Day Tips.
Chapter 19: Ten Great Books for the Security Professional.
Chapter 20: Ten Security Web Sites.
Chapter 21: Ten Other Security Certifications.
Part VIII: Appendixes.
Appendix A: Practice Exam.
Appendix B: About the CD-ROM.
End-User License Agreement.