This second edition of Security Complete is a one-of-a-kind bookvaluable both for its broad content and its low price. The book contains the essentials you need to know about securing your environmentfrom evaluating how much security you really need to auditing a Linux network system.
The book also takes you into various operating systems including Windows 2000, Windows XP, Linux, and NetWare, showing you the tips and tricks to securing each one. Get up to speed on encryption, firewalls, and the industry's top security certifications, and soon you'll be able to ensure the security of your home and business networks.
Security Complete introduces you to the work of some of Sybex's finest authors, so you'll know where to go to learn even more about protecting your valuable assets.
Network Security Fundamentals
• A Systems Approach to Information Networks
• Security as a Process
• A Bird's-Eye View of Topology Security
• Authentication and Encryption
Operating Systems and Servers
Windows 2000 Security
• Living with Windows XP Professional Strict Security
• Securing Your NetWare 6 Network
• Linux System Monitoring and Auditing
• Samba Security Considerations
• Understanding Firewalls
• Packet Filtering
• Network Address Translation
• Windows Firewalls
• Unix and Linux Network-Layer Firewalls
Cisco Security Specialization (CSS1) Highlights
• PIX Firewall Configuration
• Introduction to Virtual Private Networks
• Introduction to Cisco VPN Devices
• Installing Cisco Secure IDS Sensors and IDSMs
• Sensor Configuration
Security-Related MCSE Highlights
• Evaluating the Impact of Security Design on the Technical Environment
• Designing Windows 2000 Security Baselines
• Designing the Security Solution
|Product dimensions:||5.90(w) x 8.20(h) x 2.30(d)|
About the Author
Sybex editors and authors have pulled together the best information from the company's Linux library to create this collection of essential information. Sources include Mastering Red Hat Linux 7.1, Mastering GNOME, Linux Samba Server Administration, Linux Security, Linux Sendmail Administration, and Linux Command Instant Reference.