• explains what it means to write honestly
• debunks the concept of "unconditional love"
• contrasts modern and old-fashioned ideas of etiquette
• discusses the finer points of food, drink, and personal style
• looks askance at politics, justice, and religion
• dissects "The Awful English Language"
• advises on how to keep romance alive
• suggests what music to listen to, on the last night of your life
Whether or not he's right, is for the reader to decide - but Joseph Dobrian is never in doubt.
"The American Orwell. Agree with him or not, Joseph Dobrian is a wonderful writer." - Casper Melick
"Even if you can't agree with everything in Joseph Dobrian's aptly titled book of maddening and illuminating essays - and I certainly can't - you can't help but admire the passion and perception revealed in each one. Provocateur, devil's advocate, pontificator, stylist, romantic, 24/7 judge and jury, humanist despite his best intentions to the contrary, he will irritate you, entertain you, and just possibly make you rethink your own indefensible positions."
- Holly Carver
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.74(d)|
About the Author