- Song of the High Seas
- Guadalcanal March
- Hard Work and Horseplay
- Beneath the Southern Cross
- Mare Nostrum
- Love Theme
- Colonel Bogey March, for band (or orchestra)
- Warsaw Concerto for piano & orchestra (for the film "Dangerous Moonligh
- Main Theme
- Over There
- The Longest Day, film score
- Generals' March, for orchestra
- March Medley for orchestra
- Want it by Thursday, September 27? Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Shipping at checkout.
Performance CreditsErich Kunzel Primary Artist,Conductor
Cincinnati Pops Orchestra Performing Ensemble,Track Performer
William Tritt Piano
Technical CreditsRichard Hayman Arranger
Robert Russell Bennett Arranger
Jack Renner Engineer
Robert Woods Producer
Ray Kirschensteiner Art Direction
Alan Cohen Liner Notes
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Selections from "Victory at Sea" and Other Favorites based on 0 ratings. 1 reviews.
If there's anything that Erich Kunzel and the Cincinnati Pops do well and they do many things very well, it's that they treat some of the best music that's come down through the years like the Warsaw Concerto from Suicide Squadron with care. Correctly divining that people who would buy this CD would not want these classics changed, Kunzel has brought these songs to us intact but unfettered by the restrictions of the old LP format. Even today, though the CD has matured enough that the early CDs sound somewhat limited in range and dynamics, this CD still sounds good.
I've listened to this CD maybe a hundred times during the 10 years of so I've had it and I still enjoy it. And if Telarc reissued this recording with Super Bit-Mapping to bring it up to current standards, I'd buy it again. Happily.