This book is an essential technical dictionary for professional web designers and developers, conveniently summarizing over 3000 pages of (X)HTML5 and CSS3 specifications and covering the most common and fundamental concepts and specs, including tags, attributes, values, objects, properties, methods, events, and APIs. Topics include:
- Introduction to HTML5
- HTML5 and XTML5 syntax rules
- Document semantic structure
- Complete summary of HTML5 Elements and Attributes including Web Forms 2.0
- Global attributes and events
- Complete summary of CSS3 properties
- HTML5 APIs, including Canvas, SVG, Video, Audio, Web Workers, Web Sockets, Microdata, Geolocation, Web Storage and more.
The author's goal was to create a one-stop resource reference source which is comprehensive but still concise, simple, easy-to-read, and structured. This is the world's first HTML5 reference-style book. This is also the first book with XHTML5 coverage.
2nd Edition additions and facts
• New: Specification status and W3C link
• Content is updated to reflect evolving W3C HTML5 specification
• New: 2 markup elements
• New: 15 additional original illustrations
• New: 17 tips
• New: 32 additional CSS properties and selectors
• Browser compatibility matrix is updated to reflect new browser including Android 4.0 and iOS 5
• New: browser compatibility information is added to individual HTML5 elements and CSS3 properties.
• New: Special edition for libraries and academic institutions
• PDF (Google ebook), Kindle and iPad versions will be available soon
|Product dimensions:||8.00(w) x 10.00(h) x 0.46(d)|
About the Author
Sergey Mavrody has been working with web technologies since the mid-nineties, focusing on UI design and development, creative direction, information architecture, interactive media, and enterprise applications with rich data visualization and advanced UI components. Sergey holds two Master's degrees. He is also a visual artist, chess master and educator with many years experience teaching as professor at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago.