IPPY Award-winning Sex Still Spoken Here is not just a steamy, eclectic mix of hot stories, it’s also an inspiring call to action, staking another fierce claim on importance of voicing the erotic. The Erotic Reading Circle—held monthly since 2006 at San Francisco’s Center for Sex & Culture—is a community where writers put words to our complex desires and longings, and in which our erotic stories are celebrated and honored, not dismissed. This collection is culled from that Circle, representing the many writers who’ve dared to wrestle with the erotic muse.
- Sexy, skillfully-crafted stories from 27 Erotic Reading Circle participants.
- A wide-ranging conversation with the editors about the history of the Erotic Reading Circle and the importance of sex-positive writing spaces for both new and developed erotic writers.
- Plus a how-to guide so you can start your own Erotic Reading Circle!
- Contributors include Sinclair Sexsmith, Horehound Stillpoint, seeley quest, Simone Corday, Jeff Jacobson, Avery Cassell, Dorothy Freed, Scott Bentley, Joy West, Anaín Bjorkquist, Christine Solano, Lilycat, Jack Fritscher, Norman Armstrong, Holly Zwalf and more!
- Including stories from each of the editors: Carol Queen, PhD (Erotic Reading Circle
co-facilitator and founder of the Center for Sex & Culture in San Francisco), Jen Cross (Erotic Reading Circle co-facilitator and founder of Writing Ourselves Whole in Oakland) and Amy Butcher (Erotic Reading Circle participant and author of Paws for Consideration).
What people are saying:
"Still sex-positive, still sex-radical, and still producing the most affecting writing in any genre — not just the one-handed reading variety, The Erotic Reading Circle shares its best with the rest of the world."
- Susie Bright
“Enjoy some written-word-play today with this great collection of deliciously diverse sexy stories!”
- Annie Sprinkle, Ecosexual Artist and Author
|Publisher:||Center for Sex & Culture Press|
|File size:||986 KB|
|Age Range:||18 Years|
About the Author
Carol Queen is a widely-published author of erotica, memoir, essays, and sex information. She is the founding director of the Center for Sex & Culture (sexandculture.org) where she co-facilitates the Erotic Reading Circle with Jen Cross; she also facilitated the ERC throughout the 1990s when it was held at Good Vibrations and edited the first anthology of ERC stories, Sex Spoken Here, with Jack Davis. More about CQ at www.carolqueen.com.
Amy Butcher is a writer, artist, bodyworker, business consultant, and liminal guide who lives and works in San Francisco. Her debut novel Paws for Consideration showcases her varied skills in graphic design, illustration, and writing in order to capture a unique slice of San Francisco life. She is proud to say that this novel got its (very rough) start during National Novel Writing Month. Butcher’s short story “Touched” appeared in Best Lesbian Erotica 2012. Follow her many adventures at www.amybutcher.com.
Jen Cross, co-editor of Sex Still Spoken Here, is a writer, workshop facilitator, and performer whose work has appeared in a plethora of anthologies, including The Healing Art of Writing 2010, Best Sex Writing 2008, and Nobody Passes. The founder of Writing Ourselves Whole, Jen’s facilitated sexuality and survivors writing workshops in the SF Bay area and at across the country. She’s more honored to get to co-facilitate the Erotic Reading Circle with Dr. Carol Queen than she can say. www.writingourselveswhole.org.