Sheet Metal Stamping Dies: Die Design and Die Making Practice / Edition 1 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Industrial Press, Inc.
Finally, in a single volume, a reference that presents engineering-level information on press-working sheet metal, die design, and die manufacturing!
Concentrating on simple, practical methods, this book will be an invaluable resource for anyone looking for detailed information about die design and the manufacture of stamping dies, particularly practicing die designers, press engineers, tool and die maintenance technicians, students of die design, and advanced apprentice die makers.Features
- Emphasizes the basic theory of sheet metal plastic deformation as an aid in understanding the manufacturing processes and operations that are necessary for successful die design.
- Features the essential mathematical formulas and calculations needed for various die operations and performance of die design.
- Illustrations feature complete assembly drawings for each type of die
- Provides a complete picture of the knowledge and skills needed for the effective design of dies for sheet metal cutting, forming and deep drawing operations, highlighted with illustrative examples.
- Provides properties and typical applications of selected tool and die materials for various die components.
- Offers a complete picture of integral CAD/CAM systems for die making, EDM machining, and wire EDM practice
|Publisher:||Industrial Press, Inc.|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
Vukota Boljanovic has spent more than 35-years in applied engineering in the aircraft and automotive industries and also in education. He has B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in mechanical engineering and worked in Europe for many years in both academia and industry. He is the author of five books, including from Industrial Press, Sheet Metal Forming Processes and Die Design (2004) Die Design Fundamentals, Third Edition (2005), Applied Mathematical and Physical Formulas (2006 ) and Metal Shaping Processes (2009). He has contributed updated practical material on sheet metal design, including punches, dies, and presswork, and on manufacturing processes to Machinery's Handbook, 28th and 29th editions. Vukota has written numerous technical papers and has been recognized by the aircraft industry and academia for several of his contributions to manufacturing processes. Before recently retiring, he spent five years working in the American automotive industry.
Table of Contents
- Basic Theory of Cutting Sheet Metal Formulas for Sheet Metal Cutting Dies Cutting Operations Types of Cutting Dies
- Basic Theory of Forming Sheet Metal Formulas for Sheet Metal Forming Dies Forming Operations Types of Bending and Forming Dies
DEEP DRAWING DIES
- Basic Theory of Sheet Metal Drawing Formulas for Sheet Metal Drawing Dies Drawing Operations Types of Deep Drawing Dies
MISCELLANEOUS TYPES OF DIES
- Trimming Dies Shaving Dies Curling Dies Bulging Dies Necking Dies Extruding Dies Compound and Combination Dies Side-Cam Dies Progressive and Transfer Dies
BASIC DIE COMPONENTS
- Die Set Die Block and Punching Units Stripper, Blankholder and Knockout Device Heel and Key Pilots and Gages Stop Block, Dowels, and Screws
DIE DESIGN TECHNIQUES
- General Design Guide Lines Design of Die Components Integrate CAD/CAM Systems for Die-Making EDM Machining Wire EDM Practice
MATERIALS USED IN DIE-MAKING
- Carbon and Alloy Steels Tool and Die Steels Miscellaneous Materials for Dies-Making
HEAT TREATMENT OF METALS
- Basic Definition of Mechanical Properties Heat-Treatment of Die Materials