With every tick of the clock, millions of people inch closer to their breaking points—a growing epidemic of apathy and anxiety in the workplace that is affecting life outside of the office. But meaningful work-life integration is possible.
In Shift the Work, Joe Mechlinski, the New York Times bestselling author of Grow Regardless, shares his personal journey to find purpose, and how it influenced him to take a deeper dive into the science of human behavior. Inspired by neuroscience research about the connections between the brains in the head, heart, and gut that drive human perspectives and conduct, Joe shares how everyone can re-engage with their work and impact the world.
Filled with actionable strategies and inspiring true stories, this indispensable guide motivates readers to seek fulfilling opportunities, reconnect with their passions, and recognize their power to make a difference.
|Publisher:||Morgan James Publishing|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||5 MB|
About the Author
What People are Saying About This
"Shift The Work solves the riddle of the connection between engagement at work and engagement with life: If you don't have the first, you can't have the second. In this engaging, interactive work, Joe Mechlinski draws from his own impressive life experiences to show how to go all in in everything you do. This is an inspiring read.”
- Daniel H. Pink, author of WHEN and TO SELL IS HUMAN
- Richard Saul Wurman, author, and creator of TED “Shift the Work helps to answer the question, “Can you have it all?” In a brilliant and poignant way, Joe Mechlinski says you must have it all. The times we are in – with changing industries and changing environments – the constant must be our ability to have holistic adaption. Thank you, Joe for this imperative book.”
- Wes Moore, author of The Other Wes Moore and The Work “I have been fortunate to have some wonderful and insightful mentors throughout my life… people who have challenged me, tested me, guided me and inspired me. In recent years, Joe has joined this group of trusted advisors. In addition to what others have provided, he has reminded me of the joy of being in the moment, of experiencing the journey in a more thoughtful and purposeful way. Shift the Work reminded me that vulnerability is a powerful force for creating trust and inspiring change in people and in organizations. It has moved me to be a better leader, follower, friend and sibling. Read this stuff. Because it matters. A lot!!”
- Patrick Murphy, CEO, John Hancock Retirement Plan Services “Joe Mechlinski’s amazing personal experiences, engaging work with hundreds of client companies, and deep research forms the basis for immensely revealing and valuable insights, principles and practices that illuminate a powerful path forward into deeper engagement at work – and in life. Going all in with Shift The Work will open doors to a much more rewarding life and work for you – and everyone you touch!”
- Steve Lishansky, CEO, Optimize International “It’s hard to be happy in life if you are just going through the motions at work. Too many of us are quick to blame our upbringing, or “the system,” or the President, for being stuck in our current situation. In Shift The Work, Mechlinski shares several impactful stories and ideas that show us how to we can take control of our outcomes and create a happier and fulfilling life for ourselves and those around us.”
- Derek Coburn, author of Networking Is Not Working “The best investment you can make in your business is in your employees. Joe Mechlinski shares his fail-proof formula for getting employees to WANT to come to work again and to WANT to work for you – building something great. This is a business bible at SafetyPIN.”
- Jenny Thompson, CEO and Founder, SafetyPIN Technologies, Inc.