/*6003B-0, 0-13-060032-6, Popkin, Jeremy D., A Short History of the French Revolution, 3/E*/ Written for today's readers, this up-to-date survey of the French Revolution and Napoleonic Period offers a shorter, concise alternative to the longer, detailed volumes available. This volume introduces readers to the major events that comprise the story of the French Revolution; to the different ways in which historians have interpreted them; to the political, social, and cultural origins of the Revolution; and to the latest methodological approaches. The origins of the French revolution, collapse of the absolute monarchy, the revolutionary rupture, the defeat of the liberal revolution, the convention and the republic, the return to order, the Napoleonic empire, and the revolutionary heritage. For historians, enthusiasts and others interested in a current, comprehensive, yet brief account of the revolutionary period.
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)|
Table of Contents
2. The Collapse of the Absolute Monarchy, 1787-1789.
3. The Revolutionary Rupture, 1789-1790.
4. The Defeat of the Liberal Revolution, 1790-1792.
5. The Convention and the Republic, 1792-1794.
6. The Return to Order, 1794-1799.
7. The Napoleonic Consulate, 1799-1804.
8. The Napoleonic Empire, 1804-1815.
9. The Revolutionary Heritage.
Suggestions for Further Reading.