Short Story Press Presents Washed Ashore Bride by Lannae Wilson
Thomas Alexander was a proud man. He loved his high school sweetheart with all his heart and wanted to give her everything her heart desired. Being from a wealthy family, he knew he could do that but his pride wouldn’t let him support her with his family money. He had to make his own fortune before he could make her his wife.
He started learning all he could about the oil business and invested in a few oil wells. It took two years of hard work. These two years were spent away from Angela, his Angel as he called her. It was a long time for her to wait on him but he was sure that it would all be worth it.
At last, he did it. His oil wells hit and he was now wealthier than his own family. He had enough money to live 10 lives in luxury. He could now offer her marriage and give her everything he wanted and he was proud that he could do it on his own, without relying on his family money. Thomas was sure it would all be worth it. However, as the story unfolds, it reveals that things weren’t going to work out the way that Thomas had dreamed they would.
• Thomas is jilted at the altar by Angela and later learns that she ran off with his little brother and was about to have his brothers child.
• To make up to Thomas and ease his own guilt, Michael, Thomas’ brother tries to get Thomas a mail-order-bride
• Thomas, because of his recent wealth, is now the center of the paparazzi and once the press learns of him being jilted at the altar and that his fiancé was carrying his brother’s baby, they can’t seem to get enough.
• Thomas feels that the whole world thinks he is a pity case. He has to get away for awhile.
• He buys an island and decides to live his life in solitude while he licks his wounds.
• He finds a young woman washed up on his beach wearing a wedding dress and later learns that she ran away from her own fiancé and wedding.
The young woman brings all the pain he was trying to put behind him to the surface all over again. Could he ever get past this hurt? Why did she have to wash up on his beach, he wondered and why did he feel an attraction to her?
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||24 KB|
About the Author
From an early age, Wilson has enjoyed reading and writing short stories and poetry. In her early years, teachers complimented her work and often had it published in school newsletters and bulletins. In high school she enjoyed writing articles for the school newspaper.
After starting her family, she found little time for writing for fun and started writing professionally. She wrote web content for her employers and also submitted articles to various article sites across the internet.
Now that her children are grown she has found her passion for writing for fun has returned and is stronger than ever. Currently, Wilson is working on a novel that she hopes to publish in the fall of 2012.
Short Story Press publishes short stories in all genres by everyday writers. You can find more short stories at www.shortstorypress.com.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Horrible story...... just isn't enough to keep your mind entertained.