Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
The new edition of this classic text features significantly expanded coverage of shoulder arthroscopy, as well as fresh presentations on topics including fractures of the clavicle, neurologic problems, and muscle ruptures affecting the shoulder girdle. As in previous editions, the book focuses on practical approaches to the evaluation of the patient and of the effectiveness of treatment. Sections on author’s preferred method provide practical advice on both surgical and non-surgical treatment modalities.
• Increased coverage of arthroscopy provides perspective on this controversial treatment modality
• New authorship covers congenital disorders, anesthesia for shoulder surgery, fractures of the clavicle, neurologic problems, and msucle rupture affecting the shoulder girdle, providing fresh perspectives.
• One-third of the chapters are written by new contributors, providing fresh insights and new techniques.
• Expanded and visually enhanced coverage of arthroscopy equips readers with thorough procedural guidance.
• Significantly updated coverage explores revision arthroplasty · the management of complex rotator cuff problems · and new procedures to repair shoulder instability.
• Brand-new material includes congenital disorders · anesthesia for shoulder surgery · fractures of the clavicle · neurologic problems · and muscle rupture affecting the shoulder girdle.
With 59 contributing experts
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||9.31(w) x 11.70(h) x 4.80(d)|
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Developmental Anatomy of the Shoulder and Anatomy of the Glenohumeral Joint
Chapter 2 Gross Anatomy of the Shoulder
Chapter 3 Congenital Anomalies and Variational Anatomy of the Shoulder
Chapter 4 Clinical Evaluation of Shoulder Problems
Chapter 5 X-Ray Evaluation of Shoulder Problems
Chapter 6 Biomechanics of the Shoulder
Chapter 7 Anesthesia for Shoulder Procedures
Chapter 8 Shoulder Arthroscopy
Chapter 9 Fractures of the Proximal Humerus
Chapter 10 Fractures of the Scapula
Chapter 11 Fractures of the Clavicle
Chapter 12 Disorders of the Acromioclavicular Joint
Chapter 13 Disorders of the Sternoclavicular Joint
Chapter 14 Glenohumeral Instability
Chapter 15 Rotator Cuff
Chapter 16 Glenohumeral Arthritis and Its Management
Chapter 17 Nerve Problems About the Shoulder
Chapter 18 Calcifying Tendinitis
Chapter 19 The Biceps Tendon
Chapter 20 The Stiff Shoulder
Chapter 21 Muscle Ruptures Affecting the Shoulder Girdle
Chapter 22 Tumors and Related Conditions
Chapter 23 Sepsis of the Shoulder: Molecular Mechanisms and Pathogenesis
Chapter 24 Amputations and Prosthetic Replacement
Chapter 25 The Shoulder in Sports
Chapter 26 Fractures, Dislocations, and Acquired Problems of the Shoulder in Children
Chapter 27 Occupational Shoulder Disorders
Chapter 28 Effectiveness Evaluation and the Shoulder