It’s a common sentiment among all women: we want to be fit, we want to get healthy, and we want to have more energy to live our busy, beautiful lives!
Denise Austin, the internationally-renowned fitness guru, understands women’s wants, needs, and the hurdles that they face. A culmination of Austin’s decades of research and experience she focuses on getting real-life women to look and feel their very best, Side Effect: Skinny introduces easy-to-implement weight loss solutions and simple yet powerful methods that encourage women of all ages to stay fit. She’s redefining “skinny” and showing you that you don’t need to be rail-thin to look gorgeous and live healthier.
Possessing straightforward, real-life health tips, meal plans and fitness solutions, Side Effect: Skinny reveals:
• The Top Side Effect: Skinny Foods: Austin shares her top picks for nutrient-dense foods that actually look like the part of the body they help! Visualize to melt away the pounds and boost health inside and out with foods like juicy red tomatoes (great for the heart!) and crunchy almonds (perfect for strong nails!)
• How to Jump Start Weight Loss: With Austin’s custom meal plans, it’s possible to safely and easily jump start weight loss – even to lose up to 10 lbs. in the first 3 weeks!
• Favorite Recipes and Fat-Blasting Workout Plans: All of the homework is done for you as Austin reveals must-know weight loss tips and tricks, great shopping lists, and exciting exercises, like interval training and 7-Minute Slimmer plans … plus her all-time favorite recipes that she enjoys with her own family!
• How to Stay Forever Fit: Austin provides a useful lifestyle guide revealing how to eat to be forever “skinny,” so that you’re always taken care of.
• Solutions for On-the-Go, Busy Women: No place is off limits for losing weight – Austin reveals how to burn extra calories whether you’re in the car, kitchen, or office, to whittle the middle and tone the muscles from head to toe.
At last, Denise shows you how easy it can be to get healthy and feel more energetic … with the happy side effect of getting thin!
|Publisher:||Bird Street Books|
|Product dimensions:||6.30(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.00(d)|
|Age Range:||18 Years|
About the Author
Known as "America's favorite fitness expert,” Denise Austin has sold over 24 million exercise videos and authored more than 12 books on health and fitness. As a worldwide fitness phenomenon, she has created a loyal audience with her two major television shows: Getting Fit, which ran for 10 years on ESPN and continued under the new name Denise Austin's Daily Workout, and Fit & Lite, both on Lifetime.
Denise served two terms on the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports. She has testified before the U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions, helped launch the new food guidance system of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and was recently honored by Woman's Day magazine and the American Heart Association with the Red Dress Award for her contributions to heart health. Married for over 25 years to Jeff Austin, they have two teenage daughters, Kelly and Katie.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Why Side Effect Skinny is the Diet Plan for You
Chapter 2: Lose Weight 7 Days at a Time
Chapter 3: Skinny Strategy #1: The 7-Day Fat Blast Diet
Chapter 4: Skinny Strategy #2: The Fat-Blast Workout
Chapter 5: Skinny Strategy #3: Super Splurge
Chapter 6: Skinny Strategy #4: Lose Weight Even Faster!
Chapter 7: Skinny Strategy #5: Top 14 Side Effect Skinny Foods
Chapter 8: Skinny Strategy #6: Double Your Metabolism Foods
Chapter 9: Skinny Strategy #7: Daily Body Blitz
Chapter 10: The 7-Day Fat Blast Diet and Workout: Level 1
Chapter 11: The 7-Day Fat Blast Diet and Workout: Level 2
Chapter 12: Skinny Recipes
Skinny Food and Exercise Log
References & Supporting Resources
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This is a no-nonsense, easy to follow, fun-to-read diet that is already making a difference for me! I've been using Denise Austin's workout DVD's for years, and I'm so excited she finally gave us all her secrets for staying trim and healthy. A totally NEW definition of SKINNY!!!
The recipes are variable, inexpensive, have common ingredients, and simple. The exercise plan is easy to follow and fun to do.
I am waiting to read this book. I am always curious when a new diet book comes out if the person writing it was already skinny and tried to stop themselves from getting fat? Or were they fat and worked to get skinny? In the mean time, I just started The Hungry Chick Dieting Solution and it seems to be working for me. I lost six pounds in the last two weeks and I stopped feeling so hungry. I am eating to live and not living just to eat like before.