Side Reactions in Peptide Synthesis, based on the author’s academic and industrial experience, and backed by a thorough review of the current literature, provides analysis of, and proposes solutions to, the most frequently encountered side reactions during peptide and peptidomimetic synthesis.
This valuable handbook is ideal for research and process chemists working with peptide synthesis in diverse settings across academic, biotech, and pharmaceutical research and development.
While peptide chemistry is increasingly prevalent, common side reactions and their causes are often poorly understood or anticipated, causing unnecessary waste of materials and delay.
Each chapter discusses common side reactions through detailed chemical equations, proposed mechanisms (if any), theoretical background, and finally, a variety of possible solutions to avoid or alleviate the specified side reaction.
- Provides a systematic examination on how to troubleshoot and minimize the most frequent side reactions in peptide synthesis
- Gives chemists the background information and the practical tools they need to successfully troubleshoot and improve results
- Includes optimization-oriented analysis of side reactions in peptide synthesis for improved industrial process development in peptidyl API (active pharmaceutical ingredient) production
- Answers the growing, global need for improved, replicable processes to avoid impurities and maintain the integrity of the end product.
- Presents a thorough discussion of critical factors in peptide synthesis which are often neglected or underestimated by chemists
- Covers solid phase and solution phase methodologies, and provides abundant references for further exploration
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.88(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
- Peptide Fragmentation/Deletion
- Premature FMOC Deprotection
- Elimination Side Reactions
- Peptide Global Deprotection/Scavenger-Induced Side Reactions
- Peptide Rearrangement Side Reactions
- Side Reactions Occurring at Amino Acid/Peptide Activation Step
- Intramolecular Cyclization Side Reactions
- Side Reactions in Amino Groups in Peptide Synthesis
- Side Reactions in Hydroxyl, Carboxyl, Ester Groups in Peptide Synthesis
- Oxidation and Reduction Side Reactions in Peptide Synthesis
- Racemization in Peptide Synthesis
- Solvent and Residual Impurities in the Reagents Induced Side Reactions
- Dipeptide Formation Side Reactions (Redundant Amino Acid Incorporation)
- Reattachment of Peptides to the Solid Supports
- Addition Side Reactions in Peptide Synthesis
- Side Reactions in Phosphor Peptides
- Side Reactions in CYS
- Protein Fragmentations