Signaling System #7, Fifth Edition / Edition 5 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing
The industry-standard SS7 reference—fully revised and expanded
Control and analyze voice traffic on TDM and VoIP networks using SS7—the highly reliable, fault-tolerant signaling network. Completely revised and updated to cover the latest technologies and developments, Signaling System #7, Fifth Edition includes full details on the signaling network, its architecture, and protocols.
You’ll learn, in laymen’s terms, how SS7 messaging works, how to maintain an SS7 network, and how to maximize the capabilities of SS7. Both wireline and wireless networks are covered in this comprehensive book, with added focus on mobile and convergent networks. Real-world examples, protocol message details, and call flows illustrate each important concept in full detail.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
- In-depth coverage of SS7 over IP (SIGTRAN)
- A new chapter covering the Mobile Application Part (MAP)
- Details on using SS7 as a data source for revenue assurance, billing analysis, fraud detection, and lawful intercept
- The latest ANSI and ITU standards
About the Author