Following up his best-selling Board Stiff TEE & Too manuals for the oral boards in anesthesiology, Dr. Gallagher has produced a step-by-step how-to guide on conducting an anesthesia simulation. Topics include which equipment to use as well as suggestions for simulation scenarios that will help train your staff with a theoretical basis for handling even the most unexpected complications. This simulation guide with video clips helps to close the gaps that may result when abnormal situations are not recognized quickly enough or the response to them is haphazard and slow.
The result is a highly effective, enjoyable, and affordable tool on this increasingly important way to ensure resources are being managed effectively.
• Concise and complete guide to all the issues relevant to anesthesia simulation
• Rich in clinical scenarios and models
• Experiences from state-of-the-art simulation center
• Employs latest CPR and other practice guidelines
• A bound-in CD/DVD with simulation videos
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.00(w) x 10.08(h) x 0.60(d)|
Table of Contents
1. What is a simulator a clinical checklist or a theater?
2. How an anesthesia simulation is done
3. Simulation equipment
4. Simulation scenarios
5. Behavioral issues
6. Attendance and scheduling issues
7. What other disciplines should we work with?
8. Clinical lessons learned from simulation
9. The great debate