You're still single and you've heard it all: "You're too picky!" "Just go online!" "You're not trying hard enough!" And frankly you're tired of it. We all are.
Single is the New Black: Don't Wear White 'Til It's Right challenges lame clichés and bogus exlplanations we repeatedly field when friends and family weigh in concerning our singleness.
In a cheeky, spirited manner, Dr. Karin encourages us to:
- Resist the "you need to change to snag a man" protocol of typical self-help fare.
- Remain true to yourself
- Remember, you're fabulous as-is, and you know it! And when the right guy comes along, he'll know it, too!
Single is the New Black presents a new angle sorely needed in the self-help/relationship genre – one that counteracts the tired (and untrue) messages women typically field, e.g. "You're too intimidating! You're too needy! You're too neurotic, which is why you aren't married." Single is the New Black emboldens, rather than blames, and encourages women to stay true to themselves, remain strong, and never ever settle. It asserts that single women are smart, sexy, savvy "catches" that will eventually get "caught". They aren't screwed up and they can stop berating themselves for being single – it just hasn't happened yet – which is perfectly fine because single is the new black!
In Single is the New Black, Dr. Karin shares both relationship expertise and wisdom gleaned from her 27 years on the dating scene. Readers feel her empathy as one who's "been there, done that", while also finding inspiration in the fact that Dr. Karin refused to settle and eventually met and married The One.
|Publisher:||Clifton Hills Press, Inc.|
|Product dimensions:||5.25(w) x 8.00(h) x 0.61(d)|
Table of ContentsPart One: Ridiculous Comments You Hear and How to Deal With Them
1. It's Not Your Fault: So Stop Beating Yourself Up
2. Your Mother is Wrong: You Don't Need to lose 10 Pounds or Wear a Little More Makeup
3. You're Not Too Picky: You're Choosing a Life Partner--Aren't You Supposed to be Selective?
4. It's Not Because You Need to "Get Back Out There": Rumor has it the "Land of Out There" is Ripe With Available Men
5. It's Not Because You Need to "Tone It Down a Notch": Um, Are We Living In 1895?
6. It's Not Because You're Not Trying Hard Enough: So Don't Feel Obligated to Go on Every Blind Date That's Thrown Your Way
Part 2: A Few Things You May Be Doing To Complicate Matters
7. Don't Compare Yourself to Your Married Friends: Keeping up with the Joans
8. It's Okay to Take a Break from Online Dating: It's Just a Singles' Bar in Cyberspace
9. Don't Get Back Together with Your Ex-Boyfriend: The Definition of Insanity . . .
10. Stop Thinking About it So Much! A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste
11. Quit Worrying About Being Alone Forever: Better to Be Alone than to Wish You Were
12. Don't Push Yourself Too Hard, but Don't Go on Hiatus Either: The Key Word Here is Balance
Part 3: Words of Wisdom
13. Take It From Those Who've Been There: We've Got Proof!
14. Get On With Your Fabulous Life!: You're No Lady in Waiting