Temporarily Out of Stock Online
Action sequences show all the techniques and tricks from basic to advanced.
Skateboarding's popularity continues to soar it has now surpassed basketball in popularity among North American youth. Skateboarding Skills is an ideal guide both for first-time riders learning the necessary skills, and for more experienced ones wanting to perfect a maneuver or master a move.
Written in an easy-to-follow style and packed with color photographs, Skateboarding Skills features:
- A review of safety issues-from avoiding an injury to landing safely on a fall
- A guide to purchasing and maintaining equipment
- Clothing guidelines skate shoes, helmet, and pads for knees, elbows and wrists
- Tricks, techniques and maneuvers for all levels from powerslides to kickflips
- 37 action photo sequences graded according to level from basic to advanced
- Tips from the pros, plus a glossary of skateboarding jargon and slang.
Since the sequences progress in difficulty, skateboarders can move on to the next level when ready or return to an earlier one and practice it, making Skateboarding Skills an ideal handbook for a skyrocketing sport.
|Publisher:||Firefly Books, Limited|
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.63(h) x 0.38(d)|
|Age Range:||10 - 15 Years|
About the Author
Ben Powell has more than 10 years' experience in the skateboarding industry. He has designed and built skate parks and is editor of Sidewalk, the biggest-selling English-language skateboard magazine in the UK and Europe.