Every new print copy includes access to the Navigate Student Companion Website which includes PDF Worksheets.
The Second Edition of Skills-Based Health Education provides pre-service and practicing teachers with the pedagogical foundation and tools to develop a comprehensive PreK-12 health education program using the National Health Education Standards. It takes each standard by grade span, provides scenarios based on research to explain the skill, and then provides a step-by-step approach to planning assessment and instruction.
Early chapters connect skills-based health education to coordinated school health and the national initiatives of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Healthy People 2020, The Whole Child, and 21st Century Skills. The remaining chapters provide guidance to plan, implement, and assess performance tasks. Readers are shown how to establish student needs, select content and skill performance indicators to meet those needs, and plan and implement assessment and instructions.
Key Features of the Second Edition:
- Provides an in depth study of the National Health Education Standards and outlines how to use them to implement skills-based health education
- Discusses how to align standards to curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Outlines how to successfully teach health education content through the National Health Education Standards
- Addresses the use of formative and summative assessment tools to improve teaching and learning
- Incorporates anecdotes from teachers who are currently teaching content through skills
|Publisher:||Jones & Bartlett Learning|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)|
About the Author
Adjunct Professor, Curry College, Professor, Cambridge College
Table of Contents
Chapter1 Health Education for the 21st Century Chapter2 Theoretical Foundations Chapter3 Curriculum and Instruction Chapter4 Assessment Chapter5 Teaching National Health Education Standard 1 Chapter6 Teaching National Health Education Standard 2 Chapter7 Teaching National Health Education Standard 3 Chapter8 Teaching National Health Education Standard 4 Chapter9 Teaching National Health Education Standard 5 Chapter10 Teaching National Health Education Standard 6 Chapter11 Teaching National Health Education Standard 7 Chapter12 Teaching National Health Education Standard 8