Recognize, diagnose, and manage a wide range of common ocular conditions with Slatter’s Fundamentals of Veterinary Ophthalmology, 5th Edition. Covering small and large animals including birds and exotic species, this reference provides the latest, most practical information on structure and function of the eye, ocular development, pathology, examination and diagnosis, surgical procedures, ophthalmic pharmacology and therapeutics, and management of ocular emergencies. Nearly 1,000 color photos and illustrations accurately depict ocular conditions and demonstrate surgical techniques. Edited by noted veterinary ophthalmologists David J. Maggs, Paul E. Miller, and Ron Ofri, this reference is an essential aid to clinical decision-making, from differential diagnosis to medical and surgical management.
• Practical, clinically focused coverage provides a one-stop diagnostic guide to ophthalmic disease in small and large animals including birds and exotic pets.
• Logical organization by anatomic region makes topics easy to locate.
• Nearly 1,000 color images present illustrated, step-by-step procedures that guide you through the recognition, diagnosis, and treatment of ocular conditions you are most likely to encounter.
• A team of three internationally respected veterinary ophthalmologists co-edit this reference to provide comprehensive, clinical expertise.
• Useful tables and charts summarize important facts and show treatment instructions at a glance.
• Clinical Tips boxes offer helpful practice advice.
• NEW pharmaceutical therapies and procedural techniques provide the most current diagnostic and treatment methods.
• Extensive updates including the latest information on pharmacology, eyelid surgery, tear film deficiencies, and retinal disease help you provide the most current, effective care.
• NEW sections on ophthalmic diseases of chinchillas and guinea pigs provide expert guidance in the care of these increasingly popular exotic pets.
• NEW! Detailed table of contents describes the specifics of coverage in each chapter.
• NEW! Pageburst companion website makes the entire contents of the book fully searchable. Sold separately.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||11.10(w) x 8.70(h) x 1.00(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Structure and Function of the Eye 2. Development and Congenital Abnormalities 3. Ocular Pharmacology and Therapeutics 4. General Pathology of the Eye 5. Basic Diagnostic Techniques 6. Eyelids 7. Conjunctiva 8. Third Eyelid 9. Lacrimal System 10. Cornea and Sclera 11. Uvea 12. The Glaucomas 13. Lens 14. Vitreous 15. Retina 16. Neuro-Ophthalmology 17. Orbit 18. Ocular Manifestations of Systemic Diseases 19. Ocular Emergencies 20. Ophthalmology of Exotic Pets Appendices A: Breed Predispositions to Eye Disorders B: Glossary of Ophthalmological Terms